Intermediate SC Planning, Oversight, and Execution (Phase I)
In its entirety this POEH-201 and POE-201 course provides students with the information they need to plan for, oversee and execute the many complex and interrelated aspects of security assistance and security cooperation at the intermediate level. It builds on functional knowledge of security assistance/security cooperation planning considerations, authorities, funding and roles of the Department of State (DoS), Department of Defense (DoD), and other members of the U.S. government interagency.
This course combined with POE-201 fulfills the SCO SC Planning, Oversight, and Execution portion of the SCO-201 class requirements.
Intermediate SC Planning, Oversight, and Execution consists of two phases:
- Phase one (POEH-201) conducted through distance learning. Phase two can be completed in-residence or through distance learning.
- Phase two (POE-201) of this course applies the concepts presented in Phase I to analyze, synthesize, and develop the key elements of a notional security cooperation initiative through group exercises.
This course improves the skills they need to plan, oversee and execute a Country-specific Security Cooperation Section (CSCS) of a Combatant Command (CCMD) Campaign Plan (CCP) and prepares them to attend the resident portion of POE-201. It builds on functional knowledge of security assistance/security cooperation planning considerations, authorities, funding and roles of the Department of State (DoS), Department of Defense (DoD), and other members of the U.S. government interagency gained in SC-101.
SC personnel involved with SC Program Management, SC Planning, Operation, or Delivery of Military Equipment, Operation, Execution, or Delivery of SC Training and Equipping Programs or Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation.
U.S. security cooperation office (SCO) personnel and geographic combatant command (CCMD) staff personnel directly supporting SCOs.
SC-101: Introduction to Security Cooperation
- Security Cooperation Management - OCONUS Course (SCM-O), Oct 1 2011 and Later
- Security Cooperation Management - Policy, Programs, and Planning Course (SCM-P3), All Years
- Security Cooperation Management - Action Officers Course (SCM-AO), All Years
- USMC SC Planners Course, Oct 1 2013 and Later
- JSOU TSOC SEC, Oct 1 2013 and Later
- USA CGSC SC Elective, Oct 1 2017 and Later
16 hours distance learning (scheduled within 2 weeks)
Additional Course Information
SC Continuous Learning Hours
DAU Continuous Learning Points
College Credit Recommended
Transfer Credit Available
Constructive Credit Available
Available Classes & Registration
|Class||Online Dates||Resident Dates||Location||Class Status||Enrollment Status|| |
|E12||07/20/2020 - 07/31/2020||Online||Scheduled||Opened||Register|
|E16||08/03/2020 - 08/14/2020||Online||Scheduled||Closed|| |
|E17||08/10/2020 - 08/21/2020||Online||Scheduled||Closed|| |
|E18||08/24/2020 - 09/04/2020||Online||Scheduled||Closed|| |
|E22||09/21/2020 - 10/02/2020||Online||Scheduled||Closed|| |
Upon completion of Phase I, students must register for and complete POE-201 Phase II. Phase II consists of either a 4 day in-residence option or 8 half-day, Distance Learning option. This must be completed within 6 months of completing POEH-201 to receive credit for completion of the entire POE-201 course.